Thursday, 31 October 2013
Matilda: Showing off a little plasticine flower made for her Granny. Mostly things made by her hands are always for Granny, or Aunty Abigail. She loves them, very much.
George: Finished! Or... "Nineeeeshd" As he announces after every meal and snack.
Pretty late with what are now last week's portraits. I haven't picked up the camera much lately and I never seem to find the time to sit down and write here. When I started this little space I had small but big-ish plans for it. Real life's just too busy, I'm alright with that. It's how it should be. I'll get back on it sometime soon.
Joining in with Jodi and many others for the 52 project.
Sunday, 20 October 2013
1. By the window, pumpkins and a a few flowers.
2. Wind up mouse + George = hilarious fun.
3. Sundown comes quicker and quicker.
4. Rainbow on the draining board.
5. So many leaves...
6. Chard and broccoli leaves.
7. Little friends.
8. More flowers from the neighbours garden, picked by Matilda.
Some bits of our week. It's been a good one! Joining in with Emily's 'Stills'.
Monday, 14 October 2013
On the second of our two nights in Harris, Tom's parents offered to put the children to bed so that we could have a little drive out together. Off to the Leverburgh shop we went for a couple of essentials (ahem, gin plus tonic water) and on the way back, as we drove through the dusky light of the beginning of sunset I really wished we had the camera with us. Queue some pretty zoomy driving along some very tiny wiggly roads to fetch it, we could see the sun quickly sinking as we passed by hills. Then driving back along tiny wiggly roads and trying to find a good place to stop had us doing a few impressive turns and skidders (and amusing/confusing some onlooking cyclists) but we managed to catch it just before it was over. One of the loveliest sunsets I've ever seen, I think.
Sunday, 13 October 2013
1. Coins old and coins new, left by visitors at St. Clement's Church in Harris.
2. Spectacular sunset across the hills and shore.
4. Stories with Grampy.
5. By the water.
6. Going home.
These six photos are from our couple of days in Harris. Oh it was so lovely. And now we're home, it felt like we were away for far longer than just two nights. Harris is very beautiful, indeed - Only an hour away... We'll be back soon.
Joining with Emily and her Stills.
Saturday, 12 October 2013
Matilda: Laughing at your very funny Granny as we climbed higher and higher up the stoney steps of St. Clements church in Harris.
George: You CAN fly! Pure joy.
We're just back from a beautiful couple of days together not too far away from our actual home but down on the Isle of Harris. The weather was spectacular and the setting even more so. Happy times, indeed.
Sunday, 6 October 2013
1. Picked from the garden with my little Mbug.
2. Rubbing kisses on the window.
3. Yellow and green.
4. Digging in.
5. Side by side at play, in their own separate lands.
6. Click-clack-click-clack, PING! (Or really... bang-bang-whack-whack-PING! Whatever he did, somehow he fixed it.)
7. Late afternoon candlelight.
8.Snacking on home made popcorn. The best bit of this is freaking out the kittens with the pinging pan, of course.
9. Flowers from my birthday last week still making me smile.
A little bit of our week just past. Joining in with Emily's 'Stills.'