an advent calender

Wednesday 4 December 2013

IMG_4260IMG_4265IMG_4273IMG_4262

November 30th and of course the completely brilliant, well planned, surprise filled advent calender I had promised myself to make hadn't yet materialised so I set to with what I had to hand. This was; a pile of envelopes, a large Baileys on ice, pens, bakers twine and tiny pegs (thank you Tom). It's quite fun I guess and the different little illustrations make me smile. (The robin is my favourite, I think... or the wreath maybe). Each day has a note inside with something festive to make/do together on. I'm sort of making it up as I go along -  but so far we have made special cakes, started colouring a HUGE Christmas tree poster (22 pages big, infact) and written a letter to Santa Claus. If I run out of ideas then maybe I'll throw some chocolate coins in, too.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful advent calendar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I think the robin is my favourite too - or perhaps the mince pie! Love the thought of spending an evening drawing, with a glass of something good in hand too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully creative and a real action calendar! I have a felt tree on which we hang tree decorations from the numbered pockets. Terribly predictable in comparison! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely :-) I think I might have said this before but YOU SHOULD SELL YOUR WORK!!!xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

LITTLE BEDS © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger